As formerly announced, the future of Internet Explorer on Windows remains in Microsoft Edge. Internet Traveler setting (IE mode) gives heritage internet browser support within Microsoft Edge. Because of this, the IE11 desktop computer application will be retired on June 15, 2022, on particular variations of Windows 10. This means that the IE11 desktop computer application will certainly no longer be sustained and also will certainly be considerably redirected to Microsoft Edge over the following months, as well as inevitably impaired using Windows Update, to aid guarantee a smooth retirement.
You can manage IE retirement in your setting with 1 month left-- the most effective way to plan for IE redirection and also disablement after June 15th is to proactively retire IE in your company before June 15th. Prepare your company with these actions.
Keep in mind: The IE11 desktop computer application is not offered on Windows 11. To continue using tradition IE-based websites and apps on Windows 11, IE setting in Microsoft Edge should be set up before deploying Windows 11.
Internet Explorer 11 desktop application
- Timing: The IE11 desktop computer application will be retired on June 15, 2022.
oWindows 10 LTSC and also Web server not impacted. For a complete checklist of what remains in extent for retired life, see the frequently asked question.
oIE11 is not available on Windows 11.
oTo proceed utilizing a sustained browser, change to Microsoft Edge.
oTo proceed making use of legacy IE-based sites as well as apps in Windows 10 as well as Windows 11, you will require to configure those websites and also apps to open up in Microsoft Edge making use of Internet Traveler setting.
You can utilize IE chauffeur for automatic, end-to-end site screening in IE setting.
Use policy to disable the IE11 application and also ensure you're gotten ready for retired life.
Exactly how this will certainly affect your company:
If your organization has tradition websites as well as applications with IE reliances, you will need to set up IE mode to ensure that individuals can access them via Microsoft Edge. If you do not set up IE mode before IE11 is retired and disabled, customers will certainly shed access to those heritage sites, and also you could experience organization disturbance.
As first seen with the Windows 10 January 2022 C "Sneak peek" release, IE11 currently has an in-product banner informing customers of the future retirement. This only reveals on Windows variations affected by IE11 retirement. To set up, use the "Conceal Net Traveler 11 Application Retirement Alert" group plan found in the Citizen Team Policy Editor under Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Web Explorer.
Note: After June 15, 2022, the IE11 desktop application will be gotten rid of from in-scope versions of Windows 10 using Windows upgrade. We do not recommend preventing Windows updates to keep IE11 as Home window updates contain essential running system protection spots.
What you need to do to prepare:
To prepare, we suggest establishing Microsoft Edge in your company. If your organization requires legacy web browser assistance, you should set up IE mode in Microsoft Edge immediately due to the fact that this is a multi-step process.
- Sight the Microsoft web browser use report in the Microsoft 365 Admin center to help dimension IE use in your company. Ideal authorizations required.
- Utilize the Starting overview to establish IE setting in Microsoft Edge in your organization.
oStart setting up IE mode by performing Site Discovery (commonly 3-4 weeks). This is also offered in the Configure IE setting guided set up experience.
oLearn extra by seeing our webinar.
oUse IE Motorist to automate end-to-end IE setting testing.
oDisable IE11 to check IE setting in your atmosphere.
- FastTrack can aid with deployment as well as configuration at no added fee for consumers with 150 or more seats of Windows 10.
- For cost-free help with web app and website compatibility, especially if you have tradition site concerns after setting up IE setting, learn more concerning the Application Assure program.
- Read our frequently asked question to aid answer your questions and make use of the troubleshooting guide throughout setup.
- Check Out the Web Explorer mode website.
- See video clips from our IE retirement YouTube playlist to find out more.
- Discover more concerning holding your IE setting website list in a confirmed cloud endpoint in the M365 admin facility
- Read our statement blog and also search our blog series to learn more.
We always worth responses and also concerns from our clients. Please feel free to send either feedback or inquiries by means of Message Center.
Sight this message in the Microsoft 365 admin center.